Re: debian on a raid5 (4TB) issues

> Hi, maybe OT but, I\m trying to install debian lenny on a raid5 with
> 4TB. OS sees one big sda with 4TB, I can particion /boot, / and swap
> but it only recognize 78GB instead the 4TB available. Is this
> because
> the partition in booteable? Can I install debian OS  on this hdd
> with
> these 3 partitions and use the rest for LVM? Thanks in advance,

.

Seriously consider using Raid 6. If you use Raid 5 then the
probability of an unrecoverable read error (URE) occurring while
rebuilding the 4TB of data is IMO a little too high. With Raid 6 it
would require 2 URE's that happen to be located in the same raid
segment on both disks - the odds of that are extremely low.

my 2c,- tim