Re: Dual channel memory question

Aioanei Rares put forth on 4/15/2010 3:16 PM:

> No, it means that 2 one-gig modules in same-coloured slots will
> theoretically work better. I have one module in a dual-channel mobo and
> it works ok. Most desktop/workstation mobos do.

No, that's not correct.  If the mobo DIMM slots are colored, you put one
DIMM in each color slot for dual channel operation, not both DIMMs in the
same colored slots.

This is a very simple concept folks.  If you have two sets of train tracks
you can move twice as many trains from point A to point B in a given amount
of time.  Dual channel memory works on the same principal, doubling the
number of paths to/from memory.

Are you guys displaced Ubuntu users who landed on debian-user after a
tornado came through Kansas?  ;)

--
Stan