Re: acroread not seeing printers

Brad Rogers wrote:
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:08:42 -0400
Wayne <linuxtwo@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Wayne,

Acroread has not worked on my amd64 box in over 4 months.

Stable, testing or Sid?

I ask since it works here (amd64) in testing.  Version of acroread is
9.3.1

Testing.  I dropped it in January after completely purging/installing
it 5-6 times. It would not load and kept throwing an error that it could not find the libXrender lib, IIRC, which was not in the depends.

The eagle package was failing with the same error so I purged all of the
32 bit libs and both aptitude & eagle and kept getting that error whenever I reinstalled them.

Installed kicad and epdfview and moved on.

Both are installed on a 686 box and other then a little error in acroread, they are working well. The Acroread error is it prints the odd pages when you ask for even and vise versa. Not really an error,
just a PITA.

Wayne