Re: Alternative to dhcp?

On 04/14/2010 06:17 PM, Ed Jabbour wrote:
I edited /etc/resolv.conf to add a nameserver, edited /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf
to do the same and added the dns to wicd.  However, I keep getting the same
old dns from the router, i.e., resolv.conf keeps changing to the router's 192
ip.  The router does not allow editing dns.  I think this is due to using
dhcp.  Is there an alternative which wouldn't cause a default to the router's
dns?  Any pointers appreciated.

There's an option in dhclient.conf that allows you to specify your own DNS servers.

--
What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br