Re: Where to find setup for env variable? [a question]

On 20100414_113944, Paul Chany wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have setup somewhere the JAVA_HOME environment variable, but don't
> know where?

...snip

When I am reading this thread there are already two search suggestions
that are better than what I might have come up with. My post is to
find out where the setting was actually done. I would have thought it
could only be in /etc or /home --- but wierd things can happen. Where
is it? How long did the search command take to run? And some idea of
the size of your working environment?

If the cause for that particular location appears to be something that
involved user volition, it could still be useful to know what mistakes
can be made. Better than learning from ones mistakes is learning from
others experience. TIA

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net