Re: 093a:2622 webcam

Le 13/04/2010 21:33, Jozsi Vadkan wrote :
I bought a webcam:

Bus 006 Device 004: ID 093a:2622 Pixart Imaging, Inc.

What should I do, to bring it to life?

I installed cheese, but it doesn't gives any video.

/dev/video doesn't exists.

Is there a script that installs all the webcam drivers?

Or how to find out, what drivers does it need?

Thank you.

Hi, which kernel are you running ? gspca driver is included in kernel from 2.6.27 I believe, before that you need to compile and install it yourself.

If you have the sources of your kernel search for 093a:2622 into /usr/src/linux-source-$(uname -r)/Documentation/video4linux/gspca.txt

Here it gives me gspca_pac7302.ko , which should be the driver you need. Look if it's loaded with lsmod, modprobe it if not.