Re: Debian in Debian via Virtual box

2010/4/12 James Allsopp <jamesaallsopp@googlemail.com>
Hi,
How have people managed to get debian in virtual box to display with a resolution higher than 800x600. I've tried reinstalling with a higher video memory setting  and installing the guest additions. Was finding it difficult to find out if the additions actually installed correctly, so if anyone can help me with that I'd be grateful.

Best regards
Jim

Hi, the first thing you can trry is to set up a shared directory in your host OS and try to mount it in the guest OS. If it works it means the additions were successfully installed. Note that after a kernel upgrade or virtualbox upgrade you should reinstall the additions (it should even be prompted when you start the VM). Also, what version of Debian are you running: lenny? squeeze? Any kind of exotic graphic card? (though that shouldn't matter for the guest display).

Sorry, I replied to Jim instead of the user list ^^