Want it? Give

Hiya

I came across this blog

http://ryanbigg.com/2010/04/want-it-give/

and I couldn't agree more with this person.

But I would like to bring this a little more home, and make it in the Debian sense. I would like to encourage more people to run Debian Testing, get more debugging, but more importantly, please try and get involved. Submit your findings. Take the time to learn reportbug. You be surprised in the little contributions that help the greater and I think its a satisfying feeling.

<To quote from the blog>
Dan Pickett also has similar advice on contributing back to Rails 3. He makes a good point that if you are able to demonstrate that you have contributed to Rails that it looks awesome on your CV / Resume.

I could not agree more on this. I know this, because it has worked in my favour.

Everyones mileage may vary, but I believe whole heartily that the really winner is Debian and the community.

Kind Regards
Brent Clark