Gnus (Was: ditching mutt)

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 06:56:53PM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> Tyler writes:
> > Should I move over to gmail, or is there some amazing scriptable GUI
> > mail client that is going to knock my socks off with an array of pipes
> > and regexps and color-highlighting and maybe even procmail-parsing and
> > custom keybinding?
>
> Of course: Gnus.

I used gnus (after much trouble to set it up) about 6-7 years ago until
something went wrong and I could not recover a lot of my emails.  Since
then I went back to mutt.

Is Gnus easier to setup nowadays then then?

I remember it as a very powerful mail client and maybe I might try it
out again - this time in an imap-situation not to run the risk of losing
my emails again.

Regards.
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4599

     "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true,
      whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are
      just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things
      are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if
      there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think
      on these things."    Philippians 4:8