Re: Need help installing an "alternative"

Ron Johnson wrote:
Hi,

I just locally installed upstream firefox, and of course Debian Alternatives doesn't know about it, so Iceweasel, which uses x-www-browser loads iceape, which I don't want.

"update-alternatives --install" seems to be what I want in order to add /usr/local/firefox/firefox to the x-www-browser list, but can't get it to work.

# update-alternatives --install x-www-browser firefox \
                                       /usr/local/firefox/firefox 3
update-alternatives: error: alternative link is not absolute as it should be: x-www-browser

What am I doing wrong?

TIA

I think I got it.

update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/x-www-browser x-www-browser /home/my_username/.firefox/firefox 3

I didn't got any error.

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic