Re: Debian Sys Admin Training / Certification

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Abraham Chaffin <abraham@creativecow.net> wrote:
> What training / certification courses would you guys recommend for Sys Admin
> / Security Admin training or certification for Debian?
> Is the LPIC a good route? Go with Red Hat certification? Or what do you all
> suggest?

Certifications are really nothing special these days. Back in 2001
they might have held water but I don't think this is the case any
longer. As for your question, I recommend you start 1st with the
CompTIA Linux+ certification exam. After that I can only recommend the
RHCT / RHCE Red Hat exam. It's industry respected and very useful for
career advancement and personal satisfaction.

Good luck!