Xorg and cpu usage

Hello there. I own a dell studio 1555 with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD4570. I have a debian testing installation and currently I have to use either radeon or the radeonhd drivers cause the proprietary (fglrx) driver doesn't support the xserver currently available in testing. Everything works just fine. I even got 3d acceleration and Kwin effects. The problem is that the xorg process is using the cpu and consuming much memory. The memory consumed is about 160MB but that doesn't really bother me cause I got plenty of it :P. Well the annoying thing is the cpu fan; xorg uses about 10% (as shown in kde's system monitor) and so the fan does never stop. Has anyone else spotted any high cpu usage when using those drivers? If I disable the kde effects the memory consumption gets lower but the cpu is still in heavy use by the xorg process.

Well I got a few more questions about these open source drivers. Does anyone know if they have power saving enabled? I think when I used the fgrlx driver the battery lasted much longer. I also got an issue with suspend. It worked with the fglrx driver but with the opensource drivers the laptop doesn't wake up. Well it does but the display shows nothing. I have to play with alt+ctrl+f* before it shows something. Then if I type my pass I can see that the s2ram process is consuming 50% of the cpu! One time when doing so the laptop turn off by itself. I think it overheated so that makes me think that something goes wrong with the acpi after waking up from suspend.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance for any help.