Re: How do I get the mbr package to do its job quietly?

On 04/08/2010 05:38 AM, Stephen Powell wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 14:10:49 -0400 (EDT), Gerald wrote:
>> Stephen, How about MBRWORK.
>> This little program runs from a floppy or pehaps fron a CD.
>> I have found it very useful
>
> Gerald, you replied to me personally instead of the list.
> Please reply to the list.
>
> There is no Debian package that I could find called mbrwork.
> I even did an "apt-cache search mbrwork" and got no hits.

I'm not sure Gerald understood your requirements.

A web search for MBRWORK indicates it is an MBR recovery/backup/restore
and more application.

Not the boot loader that you want  ;(

But perhaps useful info, in other contexts.  It appears to be a DOS only
tool.  It (and other freeware tools for DOS/Windows) can be found here:

  http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/downloads-free-software.htm

--
Bob McGowan