Re: Umont ownership?

On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 07:30:42 -0700, jeremy jozwik wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>> We still don't know if "umount" works when logged with another user in
>> a GNOME session :-?
>
> made a new user, made sure that the user is part of the plugdev group.

First, check the device perms with "mount" command and put here the
results.

> $ umount /dev/sdb1
> umount: /dev/sdb1: not mounted
> umount: /media/video: must be superuser to umount umount: /dev/sdb1: not
> mounted
> umount: /media/video: must be superuser to umount

So same message you got with your usual user :-/

> that was done under the new user login, not root. along with that "right
> click-unmount" on the media icon in GNOME results in nothing. no error,
> no unmounting.

Mmmm, no error message in linux uses to mean the operation was performed
"ok". Only "errors" are displayed to the user. So after clicking "umount"
on device icon, check the device status with "mount" command.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón