Re: Spam

Freeman writes:
> Has there been an increase of spam on the list over the past few
> weeks?

I have observed a general increase in spam.

> I started filtering the list, which I don't like doing.

I've been filtering the lists for years.  The listmasters do a good job,
but their filters can't know my ham as mine can.

> But no avail.  I assume it passes my filters for the same reason it
> gets by list filters.

The latter is mostly a matter of sheer bulk: almost every message that
hits the Debian servers is spam.  What filters are you using?
--
John Hasler