Re: 'looking up xxxx' forever
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: 'looking up xxxx' forever
- From: Hugo Vanwoerkom <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 10:26:39 -0500
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20100403205942.GA18388@Europa.office>
- References: <email@example.com> <4BB78679.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20100403205942.GA18388@Europa.office>
On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 01:09:11PM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Dodgy copper between me and the ISP? In Mexico? You mean dangling
copper? Like that thing hanging down from the pole in front of the
house and that banged-up box on the corner that everybody puts their
left-over soda's on?
If there is a history of dialing up and reconnecting without issue, other
than dial-tones, I'd say start with the ISP. Other failures would seem more
likely to effect retries.
But we run Linux. The ISP will say it's my problem for running Linux.