Re: shell command or script to combine two files

On 04/03/2010 07:09 AM, Dino Vliet wrote:

Hi debian people,

I have two files with the same number of rows but different columns. I want to create one file out of them and am looking for a simple shell command or shell script to accomplish that.

File 1 has N number of rows and columns X,Y,Z and File 2 has N number of rows and P,Q,R as columns.

The resulting file should have N number of rows and X,Y,Z,P,Q,R as columns.

man paste

For people who like that kind of book, that is the kind of book they will like.