Installing Debian into an existing encrypted volume with lvm

Hi!

 Is it possible to install Debian (lenny or squeeze) into an existing
 encrypted volume (partition or raid with lukscrypt) which contains
 a lvm with an existing installation of debian which shouldn't be
 deleted? The testing-installer in expert-mode has only two options to
 configure encrypted volumes: "Create encrypted volumes" and "Finish".
 Both don't let me add an existing encrypted volume to add a logical
 volume to install into. Is it possible to install at all in this
 situation, or do I have to backup - install - restore?

 Timo