Re: Failed to install flashplayer-mozilla

On 2010-03-28 13:07, T o n g wrote:
Thanks everyone for the responds.
On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 12:03:35 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

Note, though, which flash player I use.  *Not* flashplugin-nonfree.

$ apt-cache policy flashplayer-mozilla flashplayer-mozilla:
   Installed: 1:10.0.45.2-0.0
   Candidate: 1:10.0.45.2-0.0
   Version table:
  *** 1:10.0.45.2-0.0 0
         500 http://www.debian-multimedia.org unstable/non-free Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Yes, I used to use flashplayer-mozilla as well. But the following problem has kept me from using it for a while now:

Setting up flashplayer-mozilla (2:10.0.45.2-0.1) ...
nspluginwrapper: no appropriate viewer found for /usr/lib/flashplayer/
libflashplayer.so
dpkg: error processing flashplayer-mozilla (--configure):
 flashplayer-mozilla
. . .
A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
Setting up flashplayer-mozilla (2:10.0.45.2-0.1) ...
nspluginwrapper: no appropriate viewer found for /usr/lib/flashplayer/
libflashplayer.so
dpkg: error processing flashplayer-mozilla (--configure):
 flashplayer-mozilla

Please help.

That looks like 64-bit Debian, right?

--
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak
or the timid."  Dwight Eisenhower