Re: How to read log files

Jari Fredriksson wrote:
On 28.3.2010 21:16, Dotan Cohen wrote:
Install logwatch, it will email you the essentials of daily logs.

Thanks. Actually, my goal is to understand what I am reading in the
logs, not just to have the error pointed out. But I will install
logwatch for sure.

Right now, I am fighting with a kernel panicking machine. Instead of
googling each and every line of the messages log, I would love a
reference that would explain what common lines mean, with an emphasis
on error lines. But I can find no such resource!

I have no problem reading log files. But I have 25 years behind of
reading those.

Thank you for pointing that out to us. We're soooooo impressed. Not.

Maybe you are not entitled to use a computer in the first place?

Maybe you're not entitled to be on this list, since you're such a dick?

--
Odd