Re: acroread packages obsoleted

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 15:52:10 -0500

> On 2010-03-27 15:12, T o n g wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The last time I did aptitude update, I found my acroread packages
> > (from debian-multimedia) are now obsolete, which contain,
> >
> >  acroread, acroread-data, acroread-escript and acroread-plugins
> >
> >  $ apt-cache policy acroread
> >  acroread:
> >   Installed: 9.1.0-0.4
> >   Candidate: 9.1.0-0.4
> >   Version table:
> >   *** 9.1.0-0.4 0
> >         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
> >
> > How can I have acroread now?
> >

> 9.1.0-0.4 is pretty frickin old.  Are you running Lenny?
>
> Have you gone to http://www.debian-multimedia.org to see if there's
> any news?
>
> BTW, the d-m.o unstable branch still lists acroread.
>
> $ apt-cache policy acroread
> acroread:
>    Installed: 9.3.1-0.0
>    Candidate: 9.3.1-0.0
>    Version table:
>   *** 9.3.1-0.0 0
>          500 http://www.debian-multimedia.org unstable/non-free
> Packages 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

multimedia does indeed have 9.3

however it also seems to be having problems:

W: Failed to fetch http://www.debian-multimedia.org/dists/sid/Release
Unable to find expected entry  or/binary-amd64/Packages in Meta-index
file (malformed Release file?)

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.

Although that didn't stop me from apt-getting acroread.

If only evince handled forms correctly...

Brian