Re: X: display refreshing just stops

On 2010-03-27 12:57, Perttu Muurimäki wrote:
Hi again,

Problem: Screen freezes until I touch any key or move the mouse.

When does the freeze *start*?

                                                                 For
minutes I can just stare at Gkrellm and see the clock (and everything
else) not doing anything. Everything on screen has stopped at whatever
they were doing at the moment it freezed. However, in the background
everything works (so the machine itself is alright) since the second I
touch 'shift' -key the display comes back alive and I see things - that
were running when display freezed - finished. This happens every few
minutes. I am developing a shift -hitting habit :|

I'm not sure whether kernel or X is the culprit. Graphics chip is intel
845g and the X-driver is xserver-xorg-video-intel. Kernel is
linux-image-2.6-amd64 2.6.32 and I've tried with kernel mode setting and
without.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Can you ssh in from a different machine while it's frozen?

--
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak
or the timid."  Dwight Eisenhower