Multiple, non-concurrent repositories?

I don't have Internet access from home for my laptop, so I access it
from a friend's house. At home, I have a Lenny repo set up using
reprepro (I'll call it homeRepo), and things install from there okay.

When I have network access, I install packages from the official Debian
repositories (here called debRepo), so packages can never be installed
from both homeRepo and debRepo at the same time. that's all good.

My problem lies in the fact that I have to edit my sources.list and
update the package lists each time I change sites, so that I have access
to that site's repository.

I've checked the documentation, without success, for a way, without
having to change config files every time I change sites, to specify
"Install package foobar, preferably from debRepo, but if debRepo doesn't
work, then install from homeRepo, and only if homeRepo doesn't work,
then give standard failure message."

I've made some progress in figuring out how to do this, but my method
still has a few snags: leave _both_ the homeRepo and debRepo entries
uncommented in my sources.list. The snag here comes when I see a DSA,
see if I need to upgrade, and if so, update && safe-upgrade -- I get
(expected) errors that homeRepo can't be found and every package in
homeRepo is marked Untrusted until I update from home. (unexpected, but
that's another thread)

I am aware of 'aptitude install package=version' and 'package/archive'.

Something that just struck me as I was composing this mail: Would it be
a more effective solution to my problem (than what I'm currently using)
to change homeRepo's archive name from 'lenny' to something else, then
when I want to install a package from homeRepo, do 'aptitude install
foopackage/somethingelse'? The way I see it, though, it wouldn't settle
the update issue.

As an aside, the homeRepo is mainly intended for installing packages
until I can get to a network connection, at which time they'll be
upgraded on my next upgrade run.

--
 _  Brian Ryans 8B2A 54C4 E275 8CFD 8A7D 5D0B 0AD0 B014 C112 13D0     .
( ) ICQ UIN: 43190205 | Mail/MSN/Jabber: BrianLRyans@gmail.com       ..: