RE: Working network connectivity, not working DNS resolutions

Thu, 25 Mar 2010 19:00:51 -0400 <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Why not add a dns-nameservers to "iface br200"?
>
> > Updated my /etc/network/interfaces with:
> > # INTERNAL LAN VLAN/BRIDGE
> > iface eth1.200 inet manual
> > auto br200
> > iface br200 inet static
> >  dns-nameservers 10.254.2.254
> >  address 10.254.2.1
> >  netmask 255.255.255.0
> >  network 10.254.2.0
> >  broadcast 10.254.2.255
> >  gateway 10.254.2.254
> >  bridge-ports eth1.200
>
> > But I still experience the same output including an unmodified
> > /etc/resolv.conf
>
> The "dns-nameservers..." variable will only be recognized if you are
> running resolvconf; it is not a default /e/n/i option.

Yup you are right. I installed the resolvconf package from a deb file with dpkg.

root@localhost:~# cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
nameserver 10.254.2.254