Re: Booting from newly installed Kernel package?

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 13:12 -0000, Jen wrote:
> I have installed the Kernel package Linux-image-2.6.32-4, but can't
> automatically boot from it. I thought I could just change the default number in
> /boot/grub/menu.lst, but the new kernel package is not listed in this file.

Do you still have the -trunk- image installed? If yes take a look at:

The easiest way to deal with this problem would be to remove the -trunk-
package. If you want to keep it, you would have to configure grub
accordingly. Which version of grub to you use?
--
  .''`.     Wolodja Wentland    <wentland@cl.uni-heidelberg.de>
 : :'  :