Re: Battery status is not the same using two different sources of info

Camaleón wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 20:29:58 +0100, Merciadri Luca wrote:
>
> (...)
>

>> You can see, at the right, at the top of the screen, that 4h. and 1 min.
>> are still available from the battery. Now, putting the mouse on the
>> green battery gives 3h30 min. left. Why is there such a difference on
>> both indicators?
>>

> Different battery status applets may use different backends for
> monitoring the battery capabilities (i.e., GNOME applet may be using HAL
> while others query directly ACPI). Just guessing O:-)
>
> Or it can be simply that one of the applets is experiencing some kind of
> bug/problem for gathering that data from your machine.
>
> BTW, what is the output of "cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/info"?

That is also what I think. However, these are out-of-the-box applets,
and they should consequently be compatible (i.e. give the same results).

The output of your command is the same as the info box you can see on my
screenshot.

HTH,

--
Merciadri Luca