Re: Mailing list policy change?

On 3/19/2010 8:17 AM, Stephen Powell wrote:
Historically, debian-user, and all of the Debian mailing lists,
have had a rule that you post and reply only to the list, and that
you do not CC anybody unless they explicitly request a CC.  I have
been following that rule.  However ...

Recently, someone posted something to the list and CCed me.
Since I am subscribed to the list, I get a private e-mail for
each posting to the list.  If a poster also CCs me, I have been used
to getting two copies: one directly (via the CC) and one indirectly
(via the list server).  But on this occasion, I got only one copy.

That makes me wonder if the list server has been "smartened up"

No, probably more and more people have a mail UA that has reply-to-list, like Thunderbird 3.

Or, your other message got lost in the 'net.

Or something.