Re: how to remove postgresql package that don't want to be ?

On Fri,19.Mar.10, 11:08:30, Frank Bonnet wrote:
> Hello I'm trying to remove the postgresql package without success ...
> any info welcome

The answer is contained within the question ;)

> # aptitude remove posgresql
> Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "posgresql"
> Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "posgresql"
>
> # aptitude purge posgresql
> Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "posgresql"
> Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "posgresql"
> h1n1:~# dpkg -l | grep postgres
> pi  postgresql-8.3                      8.3.9-0lenny1
> object-relational SQL database, version 8.3 server
> ii  postgresql-client-8.3               8.3.9-0lenny1 front-end
> programs for PostgreSQL 8.3
> ii  postgresql-client-common            94lenny1
> manager for multiple PostgreSQL client versions
> ii  postgresql-common                   94lenny1 PostgreSQL
> database-cluster manager

Try this:

aptitude purge postgresql-8.3 postgresql-client-8.3 postgresql-common

I'm sure Florian can come up with a patter to do this a bit shorter ;)

(maybe something like 'aptitude purge postgresql-*' ?)

Regards,
Andrei