Re: [semi-SOLVED] Re: Why does installing gnome packages versioned 2.28+6 insist on installing gnash?

On 3/18/2010 5:13 AM, Mark Allums wrote:
On 3/17/2010 10:40 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Installing Gnash screws up Flash.

That is the core of the problem that needs to be fixed.
There's no reason the two shouldn't be able to coexist peacefully so
that each user on the machine can choose which flash player she wants
to use.

My initial difficulties are mitigated a bit. Some web sites work; some
don't. I think that both Gnash and Flash can be installed at the same
time. Which is actually running, I am not competent enough to know.

The order of installation seems to matter. Installing Gnash, and then
(re-)installing Flash caused most embedded videos to play properly. I
have not tried Flash-based UIs, like Flash games.

MAA

Furthermore, I have uninstalled Flash and reinstalled Gnash, and under Iceweasel and Chrome, Youtube videos play. Other sites' videos don't, but at this point, I'm blaming those on sites failing to support Chrome or Iceweasel on Linux. Until further testing proves otherwise. Flash ads work pretty well, alas.

Plants vs. Zombies does not work under Chrome/Gnash. ( http://www.popcap.com/games/free/ ).

So it looks like a mountain out of a molehill here, if your only goal is video.

MAA