Re: Network Manager Shows No Connection

> I noticed two years ago when I installed Lenny (testing) that Gnome
> showed no network connection however I did have an IP and could surf
> fine. Last week I installed Squeeze and saw the same issue two years
> later on completely different hardware. I just don't understand why
> the network icon near the clock shows no connctivity.

Have you defined the NIC that you are using for network access in
/etc/network/interfaces?

If you do and are using Network Manager, the network icon will not
indicate whether you are or are not connected.

You can change the "managed" setting in
/etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf
to use Network Manager and /etc/network/interfaces simultaneously and
this will probably show you a "connected" status when you have network
access.