Re: More Xorg

Brad Rogers wrote:
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 17:07:37 +0100
Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:

Hello Sven,

Why not use nvidia-glx and nvidia-kernel-source from non-free which
_are_ available as regular Debian packages?  They do not suffer from
the problems that you describe here.

I actually looked into installing them, but the list of packages that
would have to be removed/replaced looked as though I might end up with a
system where X is totally borked again.  So I chickened out.

Just tried to install the source package. listbugs reports that it has 2 bugs.

1.  It won't compile
and
2. bad attempt to nest fakeroot sessions.

Testing on a 686.

Just one more package, of many, that got to testing too fast.

Wayne