Re: Which Simple Video Design Application?

--- On Mon, 3/15/10, John A. Sullivan III <jsullivan@opensourcedevel.com> wrote:

From: John A. Sullivan III <jsullivan@opensourcedevel.com>
Subject: Re: Which Simple Video Design Application?
To: "Hugo Wau" <wauhugo@yahoo.com>
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Date: Monday, March 15, 2010, 5:35 AM

On Mon, 2010-03-15 at 00:46 -0700, Hugo Wau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Running Lenny do I want to create a simple but lengthy (up to three
> hours) MP4 video in Youtube resolution  which is made of nothing but
> text.
> The display should show transcript or translation of a speech
> (actually MP3), which is being played back.
>
> Above the scolled text should be a permanent headline showing the
> title and the chapter number and probably a timestamp.
> Below this headline should the speech-text be scolled up (pixel line
> by pixel line).
>
> I have not been successful in searching through google, maybe you can
> give some hint concerning the expressions to seach for.
>
> I am an absolutely newbie concerning video.
> With which applications or scripting tool can I achieve such in Debian
> Lenny?
> Do you know of examples?
> What would you recommend?
> <snip>

There may be simpler ones for what you want to do but I have always used
Cinelerra (http://www.cinelerra.org/) - John

Thank you John,
I have installed Cinelerra and it can apparently load my MP3 audio file.
But now is the question, how to make the video part from text, which is in textfiles?
Do I need a script, which displays and captures frame by frame?
Or could I use a tool, which was designed to create subtitles
for to display the transcript in synchronization with the audio?

Hugo Wau