Re: question about fstab in squeeze and uuid

>> I believe a UUID is generated when the partition is "formatted", either
>> with
>> mkfs or mkswap.

> I confirm - just tried shrinking and growing back an extfs. UUID is left
> untouched (as expected); that Mint article is BS or just obsolete.

I have never come across the problem described by the Mint link.

The closest is having swap's UUID change when installing a 2nd/3rd
distrib on the same HD.

Someone said earlier

"I can't imagine any case where an filesystem UUID change "by the
face", I think this is not possible if you didn't execute any
filesystem command to do it."

and cannot but +1 the comment because the UUID is held in a
partition's superblock.