Re: Weather forecast through applet not available in Europe?

Camaleón wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:31:06 +0100, Merciadri Luca wrote:
>

>> Camaleón wrote:
>>

>>> Maybe you need another applet/desklet/widget that can handle your
>>> location forectasts :-?
>>>

>> Maybe. Anyway, it is not normal. That is a problem, as I am only
>> concerned with the weather in my country. Note that Brussels (in
>> Belgium) has/is the European capital, and if only one city in Belgium
>> had to be deserved (by this service), it should be Brussels, which does
>> not work either.
>>

> I agree, it's not normal.
>
> But the reason of the lack of this feature could be simply that no one
> packaged it for your (or another) location. Look, it seems there is a
> forecast package applet available for Spain:
>
> ***
> http://packages.debian.org/lenny/gnome-inm-forecast
>
> the Spanish weather forecast applet for the GNOME panel
>
> It displays the Spanish weather forecast on the GNOME panel, getting the
> information from the Spanish Meteorological Agency (http://www.aemet.es).
> ***
>
> So, if this is available for Spain it should be possible to gather data
> from the rest of the european meteorogical agencies, or better yet, to
> adapt the source data so it can be used in gnome gweather applet, don't
> you think? :-)

Totally. I had absolutely no knowledge that such a scheme was working
with Spain. We also have, as each industrialized country, weather
organizations, and their services could be integrated in GNOME applet. I
will file a bug, or at least a wish.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.