Re: Weather forecast through applet not available in Europe?

(Let's get this back on the list!)

On 2010-03-11 17:29, Merciadri Luca wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
On 2010-03-11 15:37, Merciadri Luca wrote:
Hi,

From http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tip/16726.html, it appears to
be possible to show the weather forecast. This seems to rely heavily (if
not entirely) on www.weather.com. However, despite the fact that I am
not in France, but in Belgium (which is pretty the same for the weather

(Why do people so enjoy insulting Belgium?)

and regional info), I am never able to get weather forecast. Does the
same problem appear in France too? Why is it so?

Are you saying that you can get current weather data?
Weather data is correctly downloaded, but it is only for the current
period of time, and there is no forecast option.
How "never" is "never"?  Do you press the Refresh (I think that's what
it's called) button.
For sure, but it is `Update.'
Does the forecast box not exist, or is it just "empty"?
It does not even exist. I have `Current Conditions' and `Radar Map.'
FWIW, the XFce Weather Update panel addon gets Brussels' current and
forecast weather as expected.

Current weather, as expected, but I have never seen any glimpse of
forecast.

For what town/city?  Does www.weather.com show the forecast?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given
us arms."  Mike Ditka