Re: use preseeding for one package

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 03:57:34PM +0100, Chantal Rosmuller wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> can I use preseeding for installing one package unattended (not a whole debian
> installation)?

Hi Chantal,

What are you trying to accomplish?  Preseeding is used for installation.  Are
you trying to install one package to an already installed system?  Do you want
this to happen automatically?  If that's the case, you may want to look into
puppet, chef, bcfg2, or cfengine.  (I recommend puppet myself).

Cheers,

--
Eric Gerlach, Network Administrator
Federation of Students