Re: Driver for Gigabyte NVidia GV-N220OC-1GI card?

Hey,

As far as I know, Lenny and squeeze do not have the newest nVidia binary driver packaged, and I think you need the newest ( 19X.XXX )  driver to use that card, I cant check because nVidias website seems to be down at the moment though.

There is two ways to install the nVidia driver the "nVidia way" rather than the debian way.

1) The easy automatic way, with sgfxi:

http://techpatterns.com/forums/about933.html

2) The Manual "nVidia" way:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/debian-linux-help/113053-apt-get-older-versions-applications.html#post548590

I use #1 without any problems.

(note this email assumes you are looking for the nVidia binary driver, though sgfxi can also install and setup the nv free driver as well, read the page)

Regards,

Angus.