logrotate for multiple websites

Hi all,

I understand that I can setup a logrotate entry with sharedscripts, so
it will only reload apache once for all the logs in that stanza.

That's fine, until you want to have multiple stanzas.

In our case, we use local debian packages to deploy our clients'
websites, for ease of management. That means we'd like to have each one
drop its own file in logrotate.d, but that means they have to be in
separate stanzas, and therefore we end up reloading apache several
times.

We do have a site-base package, which can rotate all the logs matching
our setup, but that has limitations too, like being unable to specify
different periods for different sites and suchlike. It also doesn't
really deal with sites packaged by other entities, that don't
necessarily know about (or depend on) our site-base package.

Does anyone have any suggestions for improving this?

Thanks,

Richard