Re: gnome 2.28 freezing

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:54:02 +1030, Dale wrote:

> I have installed Debian testing on my Acer Aspire 4810T Timeline laptop
> and I have a problem were Gnome freezes (stutters) when it goes onto
> battery and I have to keep moving the touchpad to keep the desktop
> alive.
>
> I have looked through log files to see if can find to see what is going
> on but to no avail.
>
> Does anyone know how I can fix this problem as it is rather annoying.

Maybe this helps:

***
Acer Aspire Timeline 4810T
http://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Acer/Aspire_Timeline_4810T

Not Working

* When going from battery to AC or AC to battery backlight does not
adjust, Gnome will show a notification that it is changing the brightness
but the brightness does not change.

(...)

Power Management

* Backlight function keys, refer to http://quail.southernvaleslug.org/webblog/archives/168