Re: annoying 4gb seg fixup

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 03:00:22PM -0500, Celejar wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 12:02:45 -0700
> Paul E Condon <pecondon@mesanetworks.net> wrote:
>
> > On 20100221_053257, Freeman wrote:

> > > The only policy about this list I have found are 1.) English language and
> > > 2.) the implied general topic of using debian.
> > >

> > For completeness, I think there is also a rule deprecating top posting 0:-)
>
> Actually, there are a number of rules included in the code of conduct,
> not just the two mentioned by Freeman, but the deprecation of
> top-posting is not one of them.  That's just a (strong) preference of
> many on the list (including this author), and a general convention
> adhered to by many participants in mailing lists, especially *nix /
> technical ones.

Outstanding.

The last item might be setting the bar discouragingly high though:

"Use common sense all the time."

It is sort of paramount to saying, "alright, everyone out of the pool!"

Maybe a bug report:  replace it with "Don't top your posts."

I note the item admonishing *never* to post in html. The abundance of
confusing html quotes, which I refuse to sort through, have been discussed here.

 ;)

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman