Re: Persuading an Atheros wireless card to function in Lenny

On Saturday 20 February 2010 11:49:03 Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Sat,20.Feb.10, 09:47:46, Lisi wrote:
> > I am trying to set up the wireless card in Lenny on an Acer Aspire One
> > ZG5. Linpus has no problems, but the sooner I can wipe it off the hard
> > drive the happier I shall be. :-(
> >
> > I have wicd 1.6.2.2 (bzr -r463) installed.  I have installed the Atheros
> > 5 driver module and now get the following results from lshw and modprobe
> > -l:
>
> I'd suggest installing linux-image-2.6.30-bpo.2-686 and wicd from
> backports.
>
> Regards,
> Andrei

Thanks for the suggestions, Andrei.  I have already installed wicd from
backports.  I'll look into installing that kernel.  (A quick google shows
some missing dependencies, so I obviously need a more extensive google.)

Would I perhaps do better to upgrade to Squeeze?

Lisi