Re: Tips for compiling VirtualBox OSE on lenny

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 07:05:33PM +0500, surreal wrote:
> I compiled VirtualBox OSE from source on my machine.
>
> Everything went fine, till I got an error from VirtualBox -
> libpython2.6.sonot found.
>
> then I did the following -
>
> root@indiaforce:/usr/local/lib# locate libpython2.6.so
> /opt/openoffice.org/basis3.1/program/libpython2.6.so.1.0
> root@indiaforce:/usr/local/lib# cp `locate libpython2.6.so` /usr/local/lib/
>

> I then copied this libpython2.6.so.1.0 in /usr/local/lib and renamed it to
> libpython2.6.so
>
> VirtualBox OSE then got compiled without any errors.

Good work :-)

Please use reportbug to file bug report on VirtualBox OSE
(virtualbox-ose-source) with version number etc with the same message
content as this mail of your experience.  Then package may be
fixed by the maintainer at its root cause.

Osamu