Re: man pages for c++ functions

Dear Kamaraju,

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:56:57PM -0500, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
> Is there a package in debian which contains the man pages for c++
> functions? I have already installed libstdc++6-4.4-doc . But it does
> not seem to have man pages for all the functions. For example, I would
> like to get a man page for getline (
> http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/iostream/istream/getline/ ). But
> when I use
>
> man getline
>
> I get the C equivalent man page such as
> http://linux.die.net/man/3/getline . Is there any way to get the C++
> version of the manpage as well?

This does not answer your question, but does Debian actually have the
C++ STL documentation as man pages? From what I can see, there is only
the stl-manual package, which has all the documentation in HTML, but
no other relevant packages. Please let me know if I have missed
something.

Thanks.

Kumar
--
Actually, typing random strings in the Finder does the equivalent of
filename completion.