problem with saslauthd

I am using horde to access my mail and I am trying to get it to
authenticate against a windows ADS server

I have bblx01 - my linux box with saslauthd, winbind, samba, horde and
horde installed. I have bbw2k my Windows 2003 server with ADS installed

horde uses sasl which I have
OPTIONS="-c -m /var/run/saslauthd"

I have setup pam with this file /etc/pam.d/imap-test
auth      sufficient      pam_unix2.so
auth    required  pam_winbind.so debug_state debug
auth    required  pam_deny.so

account      sufficient      pam_unix2.so
account    required pam_winbind.so debug_state debug
account    required pam_deny.so

this is my test file for production i was using
auth    sufficient  pam_winbind.so
account    sufficient pam_winbind.so

@include common-auth
@include common-account

the test I am using is
testsaslauthd -u userid -p XXXXXXX -s imap-test

for users that exist in linux (/etc/passwd) it works fine, for users
that are part of windows they fail :(

I am pretty sure my samba/winbind is working

wbinfo -u

gives me a list of people

wbinfo -K userid%passwd
wbinfo -a userid%passwd