Re: Best Video Capture Device for Debian?

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 03:04:08PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:08:48 -0500, Thomas H. George wrote:
>
> > I purchased a Canon DC410 camcorder and recorded on several mini cd's
> > during a trip to Europe.  Most of the mini cd's I can mount and edit the
> > foo.vob files with avidemux.  Mount fails for one of the mini cd's and
> > my dvd player can't read it either but the camcorder can still play back
> > the recordings.
>
> Some tips:
>
> - Did you finalize the disc? Some dvd drives are not able to read dvd or
> cd media when they have not been properly finalized. Your camcorder
> should to have this option.

The problem disk is a dvd-rw disk.  I intended and I believe I did
initialize it in the video mode.  I certainly finalized it, the f
appears in the disk info screen. Both the finalize and the unfinialize
options are now unavailable, black and skipped when tabbing through the
menu options.

> - Did you try by cleaning the dvd/cd disc? Maybe is just dirty, has
> fingerprints or dust particles that prevent the laser of the driver can
> make a proper reading.

I'll try cleaning it though I have taken great care in handling it.  I'd
just like to copy whats there to a hard drive before handling it again.