ehci_hcd has to be manually reloaded for USB 2.0 printer

Hi everybody,

Well I finally made the upgrade to Lenny, and my USB printers only work when the ehci_hcd module is loaded after the printer is on. If I set it to load a boot and the printer's off, I have to "rmmod ehci_hcd; modprobe ehci_hcd" once the printer is on again before it will work.

Before the upgrade to Lenny, everything was going fine. I have an HP
LaserJet 4MPlus connected with a parallel-to-USB cable. CUPS is fine. But if ehci_hcd isn't loaded (or if it's loaded before the printer is one), when I send a print job it's always just "processing" forever, and nothing is actually sent to the printer until that module gets reloaded.

Is there a way to make it automagically reload when a USB printer goes on?

Or is there another fix to this problem?

I appreciate the help. This has me stumped!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Jen