Re: Two Lenny problems

Thanks, Stephen!! Got Opera installed after getting to the right directory, getting the syntax correct, and eliminating a spurious directory. Am using it now. I tried Epiphany and Iceweasel and both would hang forever just trying to go to debian.org or hp.com!! I installed Konqueror and it would go to either with no delay or hang. But all my contacts and bookmarks are with Opera, and I had used it with Kubuntu 9.10, so I wanted to use a familiar program. I use it in Windows too. The link you gave only had MIDI driver installation instructions, but I assume that is what you meant when speaking about sound. I will go through the steps to see if it makes a difference. Do I use any word processor, like Kword or Open Office Writer, to create MIDI.sh? I assume the file would be saved in /etc/init.d. I just got another response continuing the Opera install, so I will post this and get back to your page later. Thanks again.