Re: Intel Atom Processor

Tixy put forth on 2/17/2010 11:11 AM:
> On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 08:56 -0800, Mark wrote:
> <snip>
>> for some reason Lenny reports dual Atom processors even though the
>> specs for the machine only list one (??).
> <snip>
>
> I've noticed that as well. The Atom has Hyper-Threading, so it can run
> two threads simultaneously on one core; that could explain it.

Two Atom processors are dual core processors with HT capability, the 330 and the
D510:

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=35641&processor=330&spec-codes=SLG9Y
http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=43098&processor=D510&spec-codes=SLBLA

With HT disabled you'll see two CPUs in /proc/cpuinfo
With HT enabled you'll see four CPUs in /proc/cpuinfo

The rest of the Atom CPUs, but the Z510, all support HT, so all of those will
show 2 CPUs in /proc/cpuinfo with HT enabled.

--
Stan