Removing SSH's welcome message (before login)

Hi,

If i telnet (or use a browser!) to my sshd, i get this string:
SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.1p1 Debian-5
even before i login.

My /etc/motd is empty and i've also tried adding a "Banner
/etc/ssh/banner" line to /etc/ssh/sshd_config (nd creating the
according empty file), and HUPing sshd. I still get this line.

I'm sure this is something obvious but i can't seem to pin it down;
short of messing with the code is there a way to remove this message?

TIA,
Nuno

--
()  ascii-rubanda kampajno - kontraŭ html-a retpoŝto
/\  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail