Disk usage and quota inconsistency.

Dear users, I'm facing a curious problem with our local homedir server and the clients (it's about exporting and importing NFS shares). The server (running kernel 2.6.18) exports a filesystem and the clients (running kernel 2.6.27) import it.

So, the problem is that commands showing disk usage (du and df, for a few examples) and quota usage (repquota and quota, for some more few examples) are inconsistency. That means, a user (suppose user1), according to du, is occupying just 19584 blocks and, according to quota, it is occupying 144960 blocks.

It happens to no user in particular and we can "fix" the problem issuing quotacheck periodically; it's like along the time those information are getting more and more different. I mean, once we run quotacheck everything is fine again, but after X time (we can not precise what X really means, but suppose it is months) the inconsistency rise up again.

The example shown is an "extreme case" because the difference is to high, but there are also cases whose difference is of just a few blocks.

A very important detail is the result is the same no matter the commands are issued locally (at the server) or remotely (at any client); it is also related with no client in particular.

Suggestions?

Greetings.
--
Miguel Da Silva